- Commitment to Soldiers, families runs deep
- Providing for our Soldiers, family members is top priority
- Simonelli says ...
- State-of-the-art East Bliss facility dedicated to namesake Joshua W. Soto Physical Fitness Facility
- 4-1 changes command: 'Highlander’ Brigade welcomes McKean to lead
- Internet café set up for redeployed Soldiers
- Refill pharmacy opens for convenience while shopping
- Read More...
- Sesame Street USO tour visits Fort Bliss reaches out to military families
- Calling all heroes to Vacation Bible School
- AFAP seeks volunteer facilitators for annual conference
- Sun City Roller Girls roll on
- July is EFMP month: Fort Bliss families benefit from program’s respite care
Maj. Gen. Dana J. H. Pittard receives the post colors from Gen. James D. Thurman, commanding general of U.S. Army Forces Command, signifying the start of his time as Fort Bliss’ commanding general Friday on Noel Parade Field. Photo by Marcie C. Wright, Monitor Staff.
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Top brass change
Pittard takes command
Bliss bids farewell to Bromberg, welcomes new commander
Marcie C. Wright
The Soldiers and families of Fort Bliss are now in new hands after the post conducted its senior change of command ceremony Friday morning on Noel Parade Field.
The ceremony, steeped in military tradition, was presided over by Gen. James D. Thurman, commanding general of U.S. Army Forces Command,
Fort Bliss News Headlines
- Resourceful humans: Bliss DHR supports Soldiers, DA civilians in a variety of ways
It’s an average afternoon on Fort Bliss’ main post. Young Soldiers find their way from the barracks to dining facilities, while senior Soldiers and civilians make their exits from post to hit the highways and byways of the Borderland. While the “work of the day” grinds down and most buildings empty out, the 600-numbered classroom buildings near …
- Team Bliss – a family
MAJ. GEN. HOWARD B. BROMBERG
Fort Bliss Commanding General
As I conclude my tour as senior commander of Fort Bliss, I would like to thank all the Soldiers, family members and citizens of El Paso for their generous support and leadership. …
- HHB, 32nd AAMDC welcomes new commander
Capt. Haileyesus Bairu assumed command of Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 32nd Army Air and Missile Defense Command from Maj. Carlos Chaparro during a change-of-command ceremony …
Heat: A Major Killer
NOAA's Heat Message
Heat is the number one weather-related killer in the United States. NOAA National Weather Service statistical data shows that heat causes more fatalities per year than floods, lightning, tornadoes, and hurricanes combined.
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
The goal of an AMBER Alert is to instantly galvanize the entire community to assist in the search for and the safe recovery of the child.
Child Crisis Center of El Paso
"Protecting Our Children, Preserving Our Future"
Emergency Shelter for Children from infancy to 13 years of age, and Family Support Services
Follow Us and Fan Us
Twitter and Facebook pages
Fort Bliss Garrison PAO is now on Twitter and Facebook. The Laven Publishing Group, proud publishers of The Monitor and The Official Post Guide and Telephone Directory commissioned by Fort Bliss, is also now on Twitter and Facebook. And Laven Publishing is following the Fort Bliss Garrison PAO and fans of their Facebook page.