The Laven Publishing Group is now seeking interns and experienced applicants to fill the following positions. E-mail resume to jobs@LavenPublishing.com
1. Graphic Designer and Layout Artist
Must be proficient and experienced with Adobe CS 5.5 InDesign, Illustrator, PhotoShop and Acrobat to assist with creating layouts, making layout (graphic and text) revisions, editing photos and vector drawing with an eye for detail and correctness.
Familiar with Prepress techniques and file preparation
Experience using FTP clients to upload and download files
Ability to insert changes and revise copy in documents with utmost accuracy
Knowledge of Acrobat Batch Processing and PDF
Knowledge of photo, text, pdf formats, resolution, optimization
Experience with WordPress
2. Newspaper Delivery – Must have valid Texas Drivers License, Clean driving record, able to lift 35 lbs., ability to drive a box truck and / or a cargo van. Must know El Paso, Fort Bliss and surrounding area. Must be reliable and professional. Women encouraged to apply.
3. Outside Sales Associate - Laven Publishing, publishers of The Fort Bliss Monitor newspaper, is seeking a full-time experienced sales associate to sell advertising to both established and new accounts in the El Paso area. Professional individual with sales experience in print media preferred. Commission plus salary. Tremendous earning potential.
4. Telemarketer - Full-time telemarketer to make calls to new and established businesses, make appointments and sell advertising space. Experience preferred but not required. Hourly plus some commission.
5. Photo Journalist
Photojournalist will travel to Fort Bliss and within city of El Paso as well as surrounding areas to report on assigned stories and take photos to be used in the official newspaper of Fort Bliss, The Monitor. Duties also include proofreading, layout, design, web page text and photo preparation.
Must possess excellent command of the English language. Must have own reliable transportation. Must be able to write 3 to 5 stories per week. Familiarity with AP style. Must be proficient with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Quark Xpress. Must be familiar with Mac OS X.
6. Production Interns
Will run errands and perform assigned duties to include proofreading, website editing, and clerical tasks and possibly errands. Clean driving record.
7. Bookkeeper – Accounts Receivables